WANTAGE DOG PARK
128 County Road 628
Wantage, NJ 07461
We have the largest dog park in the tri-state area that’s fun for the entire family – especially your dogs – in a friendly, safe, serene setting in beautiful Sussex County. The Board of the Wantage Dog Park is very proud of the facility that we created for you and your dogs – at no charge. We do not receive any funding from any source except your donations.
The Wantage Dog Park is a recreational facility for friendly canines and their owners to enjoy at no cost, regardless where they reside. The more than 8-acre fenced park provides space for dogs to run off-leash, interact with other dogs and people, and enjoy freedom
- An 8-Acre Park with 4+ Fenced-in Acres in Scenic Sussex CountyFully Fenced-in Areas
- Divided Parks for Big, Small, and Older DogsFresh Well-water for Dogs
- Waste Disposal Bags Provided
- Cold Water Available for $1
- Separate Entrance and Exit
- Umbrellas for Shade
- No Leashes Needed
- Bulletin Board for Announcements
- Agility Course
- Benches for Humans
- Plenty of Parking
- Seasonal Decorations
- Open Dawn-to-Dusk
- Toys Available
- Owners must clean up after their dogs.
- Shock collars, Choke collars, Prong (pinch) collars, and Spike collars are prohibited for the safety of your dog(s) and other visitors.
- Only small dogs and older dogs are permitted to use the Small Dog Park.
- Female dogs in heat and sick dogs are prohibited from entering the Dog Park.
- Owners must maintain control over their dog(s) at all times.
- Do not throw toys for your dog if the park is crowded.
- Dog owners must have possession of a leash at all times.
- Refrain from giving your dog treats when other dogs are nearby.
- Immediately leash and remove your dog if it becomes threatening or aggressive.
- Any dog over the age of 4 months must be healthy, vaccinated against rabies, and legally licensed.
- While inside the boundaries of any dog exercise area, an adult must accompany children under the age of 16.
- Dogs may be off-leash in the fenced in areas only.
- Keep gates closed at all times.
- Fill holes and stop dogs from digging.
- Do not leave dogs unattended. Abandonment of animals is prohibited and illegal.
- To help keep the dog park clean, do not groom animals in the park.
- Owners are responsible for any injuries caused by their dog.
- No human or dog food allowed in the park.
- No smoking
- Two-dog limit per adult visitor; 2 adults = 4 dogs maximum, etc.
Remember, YOU are responsible for your dog and your safety in the park. Use of the dog park is at your own risk.